In an effort to “keep it going,” we will resume blogging on leadership this week, and what better topic to start off with than Keep it Going?!
But what does that mean, keep it going? Keep what going? With our loss still fresh in our world, here are my top 10 leader lessons that are helping me keep it going.
- Keep moving forward. While situations and challenges harm the path you originally planned to take, it doesn’t mean you stop.
- Consider any movement good progress. When faced with challenges, just keep moving. Don’t try to cure it, fix it, or heal it. These things will someday be the result of your steadiness in keeping it going.
- Focus on pulling closer to what you want instead of trying to distance yourself from the hurt or challenge. To do this you need to create something in front of you to pull towards.
- Don’t ignore what’s right in front of you. When we focus on the takeaways in life, it blinds us to what has been given to us. Everything in life is a gift. Even pain.
- Leaning is ok. Lean on your beliefs, your family, your friends, the Word, your God…
- Be aware that the situations we go through in life are designed to chisel and shape us into the person we are supposed to be for the plans we are supposed to carry out. Keep it going and learn how to become stronger so that your calling can be fulfilled!
- Make thankfulness an everyday habit.
- You control your attitude. Ha, this is so cliché but true. Take a deep breath and think about who you want to make proud. Then smile, and make ‘em proud!
- Be grateful for the gifts you are given. Whoever said a gift is something that makes you happy was wrong. Some gifts make you sad, and you would prefer not to receive them. However, every gift transforms into bringing value. Be patient and wait for it.
- Act now to be someone worthy of others who’ll want to keep it going! Live your life in a way that inspires others to keep your legacy going after you’re gone.