“Don’t be the person who, all your life, needs to be ministered to. It’s time for transition – to be the one helping someone else.” – Joyce Meyer
What a great reminder for individuals at all levels of leadership. When we’re surrounded by people who live to serve, it’s easy to remain on the receiving end. We get unintentionally lazy. Take a moment to reflect on your own actions and make the decision to actively serve someone else. Here are a few ideas.
- Think though possible solutions instead of just pointing out the problem.
- Find ways to encourage your leader. Those at the top need encouragement too.
- Clean up the mess or take out the trash, even if it’s someone else’s job.
- Put your priorities aside for a moment and help someone else get their work done.
- Set the tone with a positive attitude and a nice word.