Promotions, Privileges, and Temptations
Each new promotion we achieve in our careers presents new opportunities to grow and impact others. It also presents new levels of temptation.
What are the temptations that grow with promotions?
- Taking long lunches or not eating in the common employee break room areas anymore
- Routinely arriving to work a few minutes late or cutting out a few minutes early
- Running personal errands on company time or having a direct report do personal work
- Taking credit for the team’s performance
- Changing bonus structures with your employees to save money
- Allowing special preferential treatment for favored employees (more…)